top of page
Signing a Contract



Do I have to sell my house?

There is a common misconception that all of us will need to sell our house in order to finance our later life care but this is far from the truth.  You do not necessarily have to do this as there are options.  Sometimes selling a house is the most prudent course of action and on other occasions staying in ones home is the preferred route.

How do I know if I have to pay for care myself?

This is normally referred to as a Self-Funder or Private Funder. If a persons capital /savings and or income push them outside the means test threshold they will generally be responsible for the funding of their own care fees until such time as their money falls below the appropriate threshold.

What is this threshold?

Currently in England, this stands at £23,250 (correct as of June 2021).

What is the typical process if I decide to take on your advise?

You can either telephone or email Daniel to discuss your questions with him. 

Between you both it will be agreed what course of action is needed and if Daniel is required to meet with you. 

Daniel offers home visits or, if more convenient, you are welcome to meet with him in his offices in Ascot. 

The first initial meeting is free of charge thereafter Daniel will discuss his charges with you if you decide to take his advice. 

Our fee structure is as below:

- Pay fee directly

- Pay fee from product

- Non-obligatory initial conversation without charge.

How does the Care Fee’s Planning service work?

Step 1 – Discuss your needs and outcomes


Step 2 – Gather information and research


Step 3 – Long term care modelling tool


Step 4 – Recommendation report


Step 5 – Implementation of plan


Step 6 – Any on-going advice required

“Protection & Investment can accept NO responsibility for links to external sites as we have no control over their content.”

Can I claim Attendance Allowance?


How do I find out who my Local Authority is?

Where can I find out more about Equity Release?

Where can I find our more about SOLLA – Society of Later Life Advisers?

What if I need a solicitor?

Request our FREE paying for care handbook

Pil Logo.jpg
SOLLA LOGO Official.jpg
bottom of page